The degree is aimed at students with an interest in the design, analysis and manufacture of mechanical and mechatronic systems. The student of Mechanical Engineering will require a good base in knowledge of mathematics, physics and technical drawing, in addition to a good disposition for teamworking. All these characteristics will facilitate the development of the different activities and subjects framed in the curriculum, which globally and as engineering imply an ability to adapt and approach verses of various problems and situations inherently.
o gain admission to bachelor’s degree courses at Catalan public universities applicants must pre-enrol on the announced dates choosing a preferable course and submitting required documentation.
From the 2018-2019 academic year, students who want to study this or another from industrial engineering, make pre-enrollment, and they are assigned, to a single entry, common to all these degrees. More information can be found on this link.
More information about the pre-enrolment can be found on the Catalan University Admission Advisory Office webpage (l’Oficina d’Orientació per a l’Accés a la Universitat de la Generalitat de Catalunya), which is responsible for the admission processes of all Catalan public universities.
Entrance pathways to the bachelor’s degrees:
IF YOU HAVE THE DEGREE OF:
- Upper secondary studies + PAU or COU + PAU. You can gain admission to any bachelor’s degree course, regardless of the chosen upper secondary studies option. To compute the admission mark, the two qualifications of the subjects passed to the specific phase will be chosen which, once weighted, give the highest marks. The parameters of weighting of the subjects of the bachelor's type assigned to the branches of knowledge of degrees, which will be applied for access to the university, can be consulted in this link. You can find here information about the access cut-off marks from previous courses.
- Higher Level Education Cycle (CFGS). Holders of a CFGS qualification may enter any bachelor’s degree course without taking any entry examinations. Admission mark is the average grade of the passed subjects. In the case of some CFGS qualifications certain credits may be validated. You can check which bachelor’s degree subjects are recognized here
You can enter a bachelor’s degree course with any university degree: the entrance mark is the average grade of the passed subjects
IF YOU HAVE PASSED THE EXAMINATION FOR
- Students over the age of 25. Those who are over 25 may enter university after passing the university entrance examination. This examination is the same for all universities in Catalonia.
- Students over the age of 45. Students who are over 45 may enter university after passing the university entrance examination for people over 45. This examination is the same for all universities in Catalonia.
- Students over the age of 40 with accredited experience. Anyone over 40 who can demonstrate having accredited working or professional experience related with the chosen bachelor’s degree can be admitted to university even if they do not have any academic qualification which would enable them to enter university along other pathways. You can find more information here.
IF YOU COME FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSITY OR HAVE A UNIVERSITY DEGREE
You can do it in two different ways
- University pre-enrolment. Ordinary admission through university pre-enrolment. Once you have been admitted, you can find more information on the proceeding here.
- If at least 30 ECTS are recognized you can be admitted without prior registration. If 30 ECTS are not recognized, you must officially pre-register at the university. You must complete a university pre-inscription to be admitted to any of the above-mentioned cases.
ADMISSION FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS.
To be admitted to a university degree course foreign applicants must keep in mind that admission procedures depend on their previous academic background and the course of studies they are interested in pursuing at the UdL. More information about these requirements can be found here.
Single entry for Pre-registration: Common Trunk Industrial Engineering - Lleida
From the 2018-2019 academic year, students who want to study one of the three industrial engineering courses offered by the Escuela Politècnica Superior in Lleida pre-register and are assigned a single entry common to the degrees of Degree in Mechanical Engineering Degree in Industrial and Automatic Electronic Engineering Degree in Energy Engineering and Sustainability.
Prospective students pre-register and are assigned, in a single common entry that they will find with the name:
"Energy and Sustainability Engineering / Engineering in Industrial and Automatic Electronics / Mechanical Engineering (Agrupación) (Lleida)"
The common core of industrial engineering contains all the subjects of 1º and 2º courses of these three degrees of the industrial branch that are taught in Lleida and of the two degrees of the industrial branch that are taught in the Igualada-UdL campus (Chemical Engineering and Engineering in Industrial Organization and Logistics) therefore, allows the student to have the flexibility to choose his engineering from 3º course.